We're Hiring - Litigation and IP Attorney
The Tyz Law Group PC, a boutique technology litigation and counseling law firm, is looking to hire someone with the potential to become a great litigation and intellectual property attorney. The Tyz Law Group is based in San Francisco, California, but the job’s location can be anywhere in the U.S. The position will start out as a part-time job of 20 hours a week, with the potential to develop into a full-time job in the near future. Your work will mostly be web and phone based, with workday hours based on US-West coast time. Please send us a proposal ASAP because we have work ready to be taken care of immediately.
- Member of a State Bar: You are a member of a state bar and in good standing, and a plus if you passed the bar exam on the first try.
- Graduated from Accredited Law School. You went to an accredited law school and finished in the top of your class.
- Big Law Firm Experience: You have 1-5 years of Big law firm experience and training, but you are looking to apply those skills with more responsibility and a better work life balance at a smaller firm without a billable hour requirement.
- Highly communicative: You believe that many issues and challenges do not even arise if you communicate well.
- Attention to detail: You love details. If you could you would grow them in your yard, feed them daily and never let even one get away. You believe that no detail is trivial and thrive on feedback to hone skills that allow you to contribute to the company vision.
- Learning: You thrive on advancing your skills and knowledge and have done your share of self-learning. You can adapt quickly based on the needs of the firm and you have a strong commitment to growth through learning new things.
- Thinking ahead: You enjoy thinking one step ahead for your clients and colleagues, solving their issues before they even arise in their minds.
- Problem solver: You understand when it’s time to take a step back and evaluate how to best solve a given (expected or unexpected) challenge. No matter what went wrong, you believe there is a solution to it and you are going to find it faster than Indiana Jones.
- Reliable and professional: Within just a few short weeks the team you’re working with will build high-level confidence in you. You have an unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, loyalty, diversity, and trust.
- Writing skills: You enjoy and excel at writing and get mad every time silly things like “typos” creep up on you.
- Listening is an art form: You understand the value of listening and love collecting more information than just the words that are being said.
- Technology is fun: You are highly competent and grasp technology, and you enjoy mastering any piece of technology (a service, software or hardware) thrown at you.
- Legal Research and Writing
- Research case law, codes and rules
- Draft legal briefs, motions and memos
- Product Assessment and IP Analysis
- Review software, digital entertainment and mobile app products for IP issues
- Analyze and advise on copyright, trade secret, patent and trademark issues
- Fact Investigation and Analysis
- Review documents for key facts
- Prepare proof charts
- Industry Research and Social Media Marketing
- Follow recent developments in key industries in which the firm practices
- Lead social media marketing, including research and writing blogs
- Document review
- Draft and respond to discovery
This is important - Please only apply if:
- You are willing to write a customized response to this job post
- You have a proven background working in a high velocity environment
- You can provide at least 2-3 references
- You can provide a writing sample
- You have experience or knowledge of the Tech Industry
Unfortunately, if you do not meet these requirements we will not be able to respond. Congratulations, you have made it to the end of this job posting! That might already qualify you for this job. We can’t wait.
To apply, please submit your personal proposal and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.