We're Hiring - Expert Executive Assistant
The Tyz Law Group PC, a boutique litigation and counseling law firm, is looking to hire someone with the potential to become a great Executive Assistant. The Tyz Law Group is based in San Francisco, California, but the job’s location can be anywhere in the U.S. The position will start out as a part-time job of 20 hours a week, with the potential to develop into a full-time job in the near future. Your work will mostly be web and phone based, with workday hours based on US-West coast time. Most training and work will be done wherever you are, but you will need to have a secure computer and be able to operate it and keep it running. Please send us a proposal ASAP because we have work ready to be taken care of immediately.
- Native English Speaker: You can speak fluent English without a foreign accent.
- Self-confident: You can communicate professionally and confidently with seasoned business professionals.
- Highly communicative: You believe that many issues and challenges do not even arise if you communicate well.
- Attention to detail: You love details. If you could you would grow them in your yard, feed them daily and never let even one get away. You believe that no detail is trivial and thrive on feedback to hone skills that allow you to contribute to the company vision.
- Learning: You thrive on advancing your skills and knowledge and have done your share of self-learning. You can adapt quickly based on the needs of the company and you have a strong commitment to growth through learning new things.
- Thinking ahead: You enjoy thinking one step ahead for the people you work for, solving their needs before they even arise in their minds.
- Skilled at prioritization: You spend your time exclusively on things that are most important to accomplish for the day; you have the ability to quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside. You commit to understanding the priorities of the company so that you can make them yours as well.
- Problem solver: You understand when it’s time to take a step back and evaluate how to best solve a given (expected or unexpected) challenge. No matter what went wrong, you believe there is a solution to it and you are going to find it faster than Indiana Jones.
- Reliable and Professional: Within just a few short weeks the person you’re working with will build high-level confidence in you. You have an unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, loyalty, diversity, and trust.
- Writing skills: You might not be the next Hemingway, but you enjoy writing well and get mad every time those silly things called “typos” creep up on you.
- Listening is an art form: You understand the value of listening and love collecting more information than just the words that are being said.
- Technology is fun: You might not have earned the honor of being called a “computer geek” but give you a piece of technology (a service, software or hardware) and you will master it.
- Receive and transcribe email dictations.
Task and Time Management
- Record all tasks assigned and performed in appropriate software system.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of time spent on tasks in appropriate software systems.
- Prioritize different types of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Consistently stay up to date on task management and communicate effectively regarding what is most important.
- Manage attorneys’ time based closely to their priorities. Effectively operate as the gatekeeper of their time to ensure every week most closely represents their most important priorities and focus.
- Display confidence and sound judgment in pushing back on attorneys when they get distracted from their top priorities.
- Expertly maintain and update the calendar in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. This may include fielding all incoming scheduling requests, prioritizing meetings, communicating with all parties, and ensuring that meetings are set up for success - with accurate locations, contact details, confirmations, and enough time for everyone to arrive in time and debrief if necessary.
- Create follow-up emails to confirm appointments and alert attorneys of any conflicts.
- When necessary, book travel and accommodations for attorneys.
- Create follow-up emails based on information provided by the meeting owner.
- Record information collected from the meeting owner in a contact database.
- Track action items committed to in meetings.
- Add or update calendar with info from meetings.
- Plan for future interactions that attorneys may want to deliver to their network.
Management of Contact Database
- Enter new contact information into appropriate software systems.
- Update existing contact information.
- Log activities performed by contact owner.
- Log Action items in appropriate systems.
- Invite new contacts to proper social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Accept LinkedIn invitations, if applicable.
- Merge duplicate contacts.
- Maintain proper system of prioritizing most important relationships and assist with recommending with whom attorneys should interact on a weekly basis.
- Perform various internet-based research projects.
- Perform business prospect research.
- Create email drafts for attorneys based on their unique style/tone.
- Create document templates.
- Help produce meaningful and valuable text that can be delivered to attorney’s network.
- Create text blurbs on items and information of value.
- Process emails for attorneys and indicate priority of emails in their inbox.
- Draft email responses that attorneys can edit and send when possible.
- Scan and extract valuable information communicated via email.
- Alert attorneys of any urgent emails that need to be seen or acted on.
- Clean unnecessary noise in the inbox that the attorney doesn’t want to see.
- Identify opportunities to produce new interactions based on context gathered via email review.
Document and File Management
- Process and file incoming documents.
- Research and retrieve documents for attorneys.
- Prepare and deliver outbound documents to third parties.
This is important - Please only apply if:
- You are willing to write a customized response to this job post.
- You have a proven background working in a high velocity environment.
- You have at least 5 years of Administrative Support experience – ideally at the Executive Level.
- You can provide at least 2-3 references.
- You have experience or knowledge of the Tech Industry
Unfortunately, if you do not meet these requirements we will not be able to respond. Congratulations, you have made it to the end of this job posting! That might already qualify you for this job. We can’t wait.
To apply, please submit your personal proposal and current resume to email@example.com.